Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Great Galjoen Escape!

I was fishing at one of my favourite spots targeting Galjoen... And when I say Galjoen I mean BIG ones! This one was at least 3kg's! And here's a tip, if you want to catch Galjoen, you need to use a whole crab as bait.

It was spring tide with a very strong backwash when I hooked this one, but with no waves breaking at the time it made it very difficult to land the fish.

When reeling this big boy in through the shallow waters, I noticed that the hook was not set properly so I decided to jump in and “help” the fish onto the rocks.

Unfortunately after all my effort, this big boy got away. :(



Watch the video to see all the action... I still cry about this one! :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi ive moved to struissbaai and eill love yo target these galjoen. I have a tagging kit aswell. Please advise

    ReplyDelete